The Medford Indians MYAA Football & Cheer programs kick off the season this weekend and are inviting the Medford community to join in the festivities. The events begin Friday night as the MYAA players and cheerleaders join the Shawnee Renegades players and cheerleaders on the turf during a ceremony before the Renegades take on Cherry Hill West. We will also be recognizing the contributions made to our program by 4 former members of the MYAA football staff.
On Saturday our regular season begins with five varsity home games at the Hartford Crossing Sports Complex on Church Rd. The day will include more than just football and cheer as we bring together other organizations from the township to make this truly a community event. In addition to local vendors and other local community organizations we will be joined by students from the New Jersey School of Music performing live music and vocal performances. The event gives all of our kids... players, cheerleaders and performers alike, a chance to perform in front of the community.
Immediately following the 105lb game, we will be honoring last year's 120lb team for their South Jersey Elite undefeated championship season. The 85lb and 105lb Cheer squads will also be recognized for placing 1st in the 2013 Annual South Jersey Elite Cheer Competition.
The day starts at 10AM with the first of our five Varsity games against the Eastern Vikings and continues through the day with the unlimiteds finishing the day's games at 5:15. The day's festivities are completed with the annual parent's social being held at the Medford Lakes Country Club at 7:30. Sunday will include three additional games played by our 105lb and 120lb JV teams starting at 9AM . A schedule of the weekend's events are below. We hope you can join us for the fun.
- Friday Night
- 6:30 - MYAA Night at Shawnee (Players cheerleaders and coaches will be recognized on the field)
- 9:30 - Start of Opening Day
- 10:00 - 70lb Game vs Eastern Vikings (National Anthem by Faith Kidd)
- 11:45 - 85lb Game vs Eastern Vikings (National Anthem by Melissa Lubars)
- 1:30 - 105lb Game vs Eastern Vikings
- 3:00 - Recognition Ceremony and performances by NJSM Rock Ensemble
- 3:30 - 120lb Game vs Eastern Vikings (National Anthem by Sarah Hann)
- 5:15 - UNL Game vs Eastern Vikings (National Anthem by Sarah Repasy)
Rock Ensemble members - Melissa, Weinstein, Jaelyn Alexander, Colton Adams and Sarah Hann...accompanied by Dave Gladkowski
- 9:00 - 105lb JV B Game vs Eastern Vikings
- 10:30 - 105lb JV C Game v Gloucester Twp Stallions
- 12:00 - 120lb JV B Game v Eastern Vikings